[icinga-users] icinga-web states duplicate entries

Mike Dopp MDopp at parkcitygroup.com
Tue Mar 5 00:39:36 CET 2013

I removed all cfg files out of the objects folder and ran verification " /usr/sbin/icinga -v /etc/icinga/icinga.cfg

No errors and of course no objects. Cleared the cache and restarted icinga. Icinga web came up with 0 hosts but worked just like before.

Next I added a windows.cfg file inside the objects folder gave it:
Define host{
                use windows-server
                host_name Happy
                alias Gilmore
                address 172.21.0.16
}
Re-ran the verification and low  and behold duplicate host issue.
If I had hair I would not have any. after running through this.
Removed host_name to '' and it then told me there was a duplicate ''
I laughed. I must be doing something wrong.
Please advise as if I am having these issues early on; then what am I in store for when I get further into a enterprise implementation?
Thanks,
Mike