[icinga-users] Fired up debian VM from icinga.org

Mike Dopp MDopp at parkcitygroup.com
Tue Mar 5 17:22:21 CET 2013

Fired up debian VM from icinga.org to see if I could find out why I cannot add objects.
This is the demo server that is offered.
All works well. However once I create an object named switch with this config I get duplicates again.
Switch.cfg located in /etc/icinga/objects/

define host{
use generic-host
host_name Cisco-Linksys
alias       Cisco-Linksys
address                172.21.0.203
}
Define service{
use generic-service
host_name Cisco-Linksys
service_description PING
check_command             check_ping!200.0,20%!600.0,60%
check_interval 5
retry_interval 1
}
***Notice these settings and config examples are almost exact to those in the icinga docs.

I know its gotta be easier than this to get hosts monitored on icinga.

Thanks,
Mike