[icinga-users] ANNOUNCE: NSCA-ng 1.0
holger at cis.fu-berlin.de
Wed Mar 6 10:54:11 CET 2013
Today, I released NSCA-ng 1.0. Debian packages and the source tarball
can be downloaded from:
As far as I can tell, it works very well, and it has all the features I
wanted the 1.0 release to have.
The client features include:
* Accepts all input, command line arguments, and configuration files
accepted by the send_nsca binary provided with the original NSCA
* Supports submission of arbitrary Icinga commands (not just check
results) of arbitrary size. That is, NSCA-ng could be used to submit
downtimes or acknowledgements, for example.
* Optional random delay before the client connects to the server.
* Messages can optionally be sent to syslog(3).
* Should run on any non-ancient Unix-like system.
The server features include:
* TLS encryption and shared-secret authentication with client-specific
* Fine-grained authorization control.
* Very good performance and scalability.
The next step will be to tackle some of my wish list items:
If you happen to be interested in any of those (or other features), I'd
be happy about any feedback you may have.
More information about the icinga-users