[icinga-users] Setup Icinga for high availability and scalability

Peter Albrecht albrecht at opensourceservices.de
Mon Mar 11 17:38:19 CET 2013

Hello,

Regarding scenario 2 in chapter 7.7 of the Icinga documentation (failover
between master and slave and keeping the status information of hosts and
services in sync): Could this be done using a remote database? I.e., the
master writes the information to the database and when the slave takes
over it reads the current status from the database. Or does that make no
sense?

A more general question: What would be the preferred method of making
Icinga highly available? Using the default cluster setup using Pacemaker
(on SUSE Linux Enterprise Server) and defining Icinga as a resource? The
database would (most probably) be on a separate system.

And finally: I need a scalable setup for Icinga. Is there a comparison
available for mod_gearman and DNX? Could someone share their experience
with either of these solutions?

Thanks a lot,

Peter