[icinga-users] icinga-web doesn't display services of hosts in a PENDING state

Megerman, Joshua Joshua.Megerman at iwco.com
Wed Mar 13 18:15:41 CET 2013

I'm in the process of setting up a new instance of icinga (well, a replacement for my current nagios system), and I just noticed something peculiar about the icinga-web interface.  When you first add a host, it is listed in a 'PENDING' state until the first host check happens.  While in that state, you can see the number of services (and their status in general, since service checks can happen before host checks), and you can see the host in the HostStatus page, but you can't see the service detail anywhere (either the ServiceStatus page and it's like, or the Services for <host> page).

In the classic interface, you see the services just fine, with the host in a gray pending state.  While this isn't that big a deal, I'm setting up some test hosts, plus some distributed ones that aren't going to be actively checked, and not being able to see the status detail on all the services regardless of host state is a problem.  You can't even filter for HostStatus=Pending, as it's not included as a status...

I know it's probably not a high priority, but it is a bug.  Otherwise, I'm rather impressed with what I've seen so far!

Thanks,
Josh

Joshua Megerman
Sr. Systems Engineer
IWCO Direct
Phone: 267-960-3048
www.iwco.com<http://www.iwco.com>

______________________________________________ CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail, and any files/attachments transmitted, may include confidential and/or proprietary information from IWCO Direct, intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that disclosure, printing, copying, distribution, or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this electronic information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail message in error, please immediately notify the sender by reply message and then delete the electronic message and any files/attachments. ______________________________________________