[icinga-users] service notification behavior on UP state

Joseph Spenner joseph85750 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 28 23:19:25 CET 2013

I'm running Version icinga-web/v1.5.1 and have been pretty happy with everything so far.   Today I noticed something unexpected and am curious if there's a good explanation.  I have a postgress server being monitored with some service checks (transaction locks, transaction time, transaction idle, etc).
My transaction locks check also has a period of time where it does not notify when backups occur, since they tend to cause some of my checks to fire.
Today I had a legitimate lock, which occurred after my backups.  I got notifications, as I would expect.  However, after everything was corrected, I never got a "OK" notification.  I checked the mail logs, and one was never sent.  However, there exists an entry in the State-History for that check with a green OK.  I just never got the email.
Is there a special config which might be responsible?
My Attempt threshold is set to 3, which it reached.  After that, I received 2 more notifications since the issue still existed.  But after it was resolved, the OK email never got sent.

Any info or explanation would be great.

Thanks!

Regards,
Joseph Spenner

If life gives you lemons, keep them-- because hey.. free lemons.
"~heart~ Sticker"  fixer:  http://microflush.org/stuff/stickers/heartFix.html