[icinga-users] Service inheritance

Michael Friedrich michael.friedrich at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 17:32:47 CET 2013

On 13.03.2013 16:46, Simon Oosthoek wrote:
> Another way might be to define a custom variable (macro) in the host
> definition that is later used in the generic service definition to set
> host specific parameters. I suppose this means you have to set the
> custom macro in all host definitions or their ancestor. see
>
> http://docs.icinga.org/latest/en/customobjectvars.html#basicscustomvars

no. custom var macros are interpreted on runtime. not on config read and
object processing and resolving the final attributes. so i am not
entirely sure what your idea is here, but the approach will fail.

that text is also to be read in the warning box on your linked docs url.

kind regards,
michael

mail:     michael.friedrich at gmail.com
twitter:  https://twitter.com/dnsmichi
jabber:   dnsmichi at jabber.ccc.de
irc:      irc.freenode.net/icinga dnsmichi

icinga open source monitoring
position: lead core developer
url:      https://www.icinga.org