[icinga-users] Using action_url from icinga service definition in icinga-web

Markus Frosch markus at lazyfrosch.de
Thu Mar 14 20:57:55 CET 2013

Hello Marco,
Basically, your problem is that the field action_url is not selected for
this grid.

The other problem is that macro replacing is not that easy in Icinga Web.

I've made a quick example from existing code I wrote lately, though not
tested in this example module. Please be aware that the modules are
namespace depending.

https://github.com/lazyfrosch/icinga-web-cronks/tree/master/UrlExample

One quick note: there is a bug in 1.8.1 which causes notes_url to not be
selected from the database - fixed in 1.8.2

Have fun
Markus

2013/3/14 Marco Hoyer <m.hoyer at ecktown.net>

> Hello all,
>
> I've read something about how to pnp4nagios in Icinga-Web.
> Using snipplets in icinga-web/app/modules/Cronks/data/xml/extensions is a
> straight forward way.
> I now want to have some complex urls getting queried when I click on the
> perfdata Icon to integrate Graphite (http://graphite.wikidot.com/).
> My idea was to configure the url as the services action_url parameter and
> add this to be used in the template like this:
>
>                     <parameter>
>                         <parameter
> name="namespace">Cronk.grid.IcingaColumnRenderer
>                         </parameter>
>                         <parameter name="function">imagePopup</parameter>
>
>                         renderer/gridevent[cellclick|celldblclick|...]
>                         <parameter name="type">cellclick</parameter>
>
>                         <parameter name="arguments">
>                             <parameter
> name="booleanConfitionField">pnp4nagios_service_image_hover
>                             </parameter>
>                             <parameter name="title">Image for
>                                 {host_name}</parameter>
>                             <parameter name="url"><![CDATA[*
> {service_action_url}*]]></parameter>
>                             <parameter name="width">500</parameter>
>                             <parameter name="height">300</parameter>
>                         </parameter>
>                     </parameter>
>
> Problem is, that I can't see anything. The variable is empty.
> Is there anyone being able to give me an advice on how to do something
> like this?
>
> king regards
> Marco Hoyer

Markus Frosch