[icinga-users] ido2db and remote mysql db

Lorenzo Milesi maxxer at ufficyo.com
Fri Mar 15 00:30:48 CET 2013

> Socket type refers to the socket that ido2db is CREATING. It does not
> refer to the socket it will use to communicate with MySQL. Set the socket
> type to unix.

ok thanks for clarifying.

> Check /var/log/messages for the ido2db logging events.

Still the same after changing what you suggested:
Mar 15 00:29:25 monitor ido2db: Error: Could not connect to mysql database: 2002: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)

But in config I stated to use Mysql via TCP

> >db_servertype=mysql
> >db_host=10.10.10.193
> >db_port=3306
> >db_name=icinga_ido
> >db_prefix=icinga_
> >db_user=icinga
> >db_pass="password"

I tried manually connecting with the same parameters and works perfectly...
Lorenzo Milesi - lorenzo.milesi at yetopen.it

YetOpen S.r.l. - http://www.yetopen.it/