[icinga-users] Agent less monitoring in icinga

Michael Friedrich michael.friedrich at gmail.com
Sat Mar 23 13:29:38 CET 2013

On 22.03.2013 20:09, Dinesh wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to monitor Linux/ windows machines remotely by agent less monitoring method using icinga.

a guy recently asked me the same question on cebit. we then discussed
the definition of an "agent".
some people consider ssh or snmp being a system's agent, some do not.

either way, it all depends on the data access layers your systems may
provide without installing any seperate tool. if you cannot provide any,
you are required to find different solutions, where software
installation and deployment may be required as well.

kind regards,
michael