[icinga-users] Migrating from Icinga web from source to RPM

Tom Ku tku703 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 16:27:20 CEST 2014

Hello all,
I'm wondering if I can get some assistance.  I have a Icinga server with
Icinga web installed from source and Icinga installed from RPMForge.  i'm
trying to completely rebuild a new Icinga server and install Icinga via the
repository for better updating and ease of use.

Does anyone have a step by step guide to help me out?  Please see server
specs below:

Current Icinga server
# rpm -aq | grep icinga
icinga-1.8.4-4.el6.rf.x86_64
icinga-doc-1.8.4-4.el6.rf.x86_64
icinga-gui-1.8.4-4.el6.rf.x86_64
icinga-idoutils-libdbi-mysql-1.8.4-4.el6.rf.x86_64

Icinga Web installed Version 1.9 (from Source)
NagiosQL installed
MySQL database version 5.1.73-3

*Migrating to:*

New Icinga server (RPM)
Installing using repository from the Icinga site.
Icinga 1.11.5-1
Icinga Web 1.11.0-1
NagiosQL will be migrated over.
MySQL database version 5.1.73-3 (SAME)

Does anyone know an easy way of doing this?  Do I have to update the icinga
AND icinga web databases?  What are the steps involved?

Please help!

Thanks