[icinga-users] Icinga2: implicit service/parent dependency

Michael Friedrich michael.friedrich at netways.de
Thu Aug 7 15:14:45 CEST 2014

Am 07.08.2014 14:38, schrieb Christophe HAEN:
> Thanks for the info :-)
> Regarding the discussion about the implicit dependency. May I suggest an
> option parameter in the main config file that would let the user choose
> whether to disable the checks or not?

Imho the additional dependency apply is more easy to understand for
users, who maybe want to adjust this dependency with several "ignore
where" conditions.

Other than that, we're trying to keep the global config option list as
short as possible. It doesn't make much sense to have 200+ options as we
had with 1.x. From a support and users perspective.

The documentation already holds the example I've posted here, and that
should be sufficient, even if it's 5 lines, and not a single one.

> I also would like to remind you about this feature :
> https://dev.icinga.org/issues/6683

See my comment in https://dev.icinga.org/issues/6683#note-1 - I don't
see a possibility to fake a dummy check result if a check did not
happen. But feel free to suggest different ideas.

Kind regards,

Michael Friedrich, DI (FH)
Application Developer

NETWAYS GmbH | Deutschherrnstr. 15-19 | D-90429 Nuernberg
Tel: +49 911 92885-0 | Fax: +49 911 92885-77
GF: Julian Hein, Bernd Erk | AG Nuernberg HRB18461
http://www.netways.de | Michael.Friedrich at netways.de

** Open Source Backup Conference 2014 - September - osbconf.org **
** Puppet Camp Duesseldorf 2014 - Oktober - netways.de/puppetcamp **
** OSMC 2014 - November - netways.de/osmc **
** OpenNebula Conf 2014 - Dezember - opennebulaconf.com **