[icinga-users] New Install - Icinga Web Error

Jared Alfson jared at thealfsons.com
Fri Aug 8 01:07:47 CEST 2014

Hello,

I'm trying to get Icinga working and am stuck. When I browse to icinga-web,
I get a critical exception error with this reference: Cannot open file
"/var/log/icinga-web/icinga-web-2014-08-07.log", please check permissions
on file or directory

I've checked the file permissions, and they appear to be in line; the
apache group owns the aforementioned log file and the group has write
permission. Further, as I'm not sure which process is trying to write to
the log, the icinga user is a member of the apache group. I also changed
ownership of the /var/log/icinga-web directory to the icinga user, with
still no luck.

The really weird part is there are lines logged in the file. If I delete
the file, surf to the icinga-web page again, the file will be created with
a few lines logged.

Any thoughts?

Jared