[icinga-users] Re-installing icinga2 and icinga-web on Debian

Brian Dockter specus at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 19:10:32 CEST 2014

I have a test version of Icinga2 and icinga-web installed on a Debian
system of mine (I'm running with Debian testing). I had been using some of
the beta versions of Icinga and I felt that it would be best to perform a
clean install of the latest software (since I knew there were schema
changes). I purged all of the icinga related packages, then re-installed.
After purging all the packages, I noticed that the databases had not been
removed, so I dropped them too (since I wanted a clean install).

Unfortunately, the databases are no longer getting set up. I've even purged
dbconfig-common (since the icinga packages were the only users of that
package), but still no luck.

Does anyone have any suggestions about were to look next in order to get my
databases created again?

Thanks,