[icinga-users] (no subject)

Michael Friedrich michael.friedrich at netways.de
Wed Aug 20 14:05:32 CEST 2014

Am 20.08.2014 13:31, schrieb Daniel Guillermo Bareiro:
> Hi all,
>
> This is my first message to the list.
>
> I'm using Nagios since 2008 or so, and wanted to give an opportunity to Icinga so I decided to try it.
>
> For this I am doing some testing on a virtual machine with Debian GNU/Linux Wheezy. I decided to install packages using the Debian Backports repository, since I saw there the version of the Icinga core is slightly newer compared to the version published by Icinga repositories (2.0.2 vs 2.0.1). The exact versions of the packages are the following:
>
> Icinga core: 2.0.2-1~bpo70+1
> Icinga web:  1.11.1-1~bpo70+1
>
> The installation procedure which I used was mentioned by someone in this mailing list [1].

The installation procedure should be done followed by the official
documentation, not a random one.

> But since yesterday I've been struggling with packages installation in Debian. Basically, it does not work. The interface displays a message saying "no data" (not even it shows localhost). The interface constantly is reloaded ("Icinga is currently reloading" - No valid status data is available and interface does not respond as usual) and several popups are displayed indicating that there were several exceptions:
>
> Request failed
> The server encountered an error:
> Internal Exception, check your logs!
>
> I wonder if this may be a bug in the Debian package which has not been informed, to open a bug report to fix it and we all are benefited.

icinga2 and icinga-web are two separate projects, and you should
consider that when looking for errors for one of them (not mixing them
up in the end).

> I've been reviewing the logs and this is what I found on them:
>
> /var/log/icinga2/icinga2.log:
>
> [2014-08-20 07:40:18 -0300] warning/PluginUtility: Error parsing performance data 'time=0,028517s;;;0,000000;10,000000': Invalid performance data unit: ,028517s

That's a known issue with a different locale dumping float values with a
',' (german locale) instead of the plugin api specification with '.'.

You can workaround the issue by setting the LC_NUMERIC variable in your
initscript.

It's currently discussed in https://dev.icinga.org/issues/6857

> /var/log/icinga-web/debug-2014-08-20.log:
> [Wed Aug 20 10:45:20 2014] [fatal] Uncaught AppKitPHPError: PHP Error Argument 1 passed to AppKitExtJsonDocument::hasFieldBulk() must be of the type array, null given, called in /usr/share/icinga-web/app/modules/Cronks/models/Provider/SystemPerformanceModel.class.php on line 131 and defined (/usr/share/icinga-web/app/modules/AppKit/lib/json/AppKitExtJsonDocument.class.php:180) (/usr/share/icinga-web/app/modules/AppKit/lib/logging/AppKitExceptionHandler.class.php:52)
> [Wed Aug 20 10:45:20 2014] [fatal] Uncaught AppKitPHPError: PHP Error array_keys() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given (/usr/share/icinga-web/app/modules/Cronks/models/Provider/StatusSummaryModel.class.php:264) (/usr/share/icinga-web/app/modules/AppKit/lib/logging/AppKitExceptionHandler.class.php:52)

Afaik that's fixed in Icinga Web 1.11.2 but you might query the bug
tracker for it.

> Both seem to be recurring errors. I think that the exception for popups must be linked to records in the /var/log/icinga-web/debug-2014-08-20.log, although I'm not sure if this will have any relation on the errors in /var/log/icinga2/icinga2.log.

It does not, as mentioned above.

> On the other hand, I have observed that "icinga" (created manually) and "icinga2idomysql" (created by the packages) databases seem to have exactly the same 59 tables. That's right? Although only the second database seems to contain information for hosts and services as I've seen in the icinga_hosts and icinga_services tables.

The DB IDO schema is the very same, shipped by the sources and packages.
Debian packages only use a separate user/password/database name for
their automated db setup (don't know why, ask the packagers).

> I was reviewing the /usr/share/icinga-web/app/config/databases.xml file.

Don't edit internal configuration, but stick with /etc/icinga-web as
mentioned in the README.Debian and additional documentation.

> Here I've tried changing the following:
>
> <ae:parameter name="dsn">mysql://icinga:icinga@localhost:3306/icinga</ae:parameter>

> <ae:parameter name="dsn">mysql://icinga2-ido-mysq:password@localhost:3306/icinga2idomysql</ae:parameter>
>
> and:
>
> <ae:parameter name="dsn">mysql://icinga_web:icinga_web@localhost:3306/icinga_web</ae:parameter>

> <ae:parameter name="dsn">mysql://icinga_web:password@localhost:3306/icinga_web</ae:parameter>
>

> But I keep getting exceptions.
>

> I hope you can guide me with this problem.

Consider firing up your browser's dev console and catching the errors as
mentioned here:
https://wiki.icinga.org/display/testing/Icinga+Web+Testing#IcingaWebTesting-Debugging

kind regards,
Michael

> Thanks in advance.
>
> Best regards,
> Daniel
>
> [1] https://lists.icinga.org/pipermail/icinga-users/2014-March/008098.html

Michael Friedrich, DI (FH)
Application Developer

NETWAYS GmbH | Deutschherrnstr. 15-19 | D-90429 Nuernberg
Tel: +49 911 92885-0 | Fax: +49 911 92885-77
GF: Julian Hein, Bernd Erk | AG Nuernberg HRB18461
http://www.netways.de | Michael.Friedrich at netways.de

** Open Source Backup Conference 2014 - September - osbconf.org **
** Puppet Camp Duesseldorf 2014 - Oktober - netways.de/puppetcamp **
** OSMC 2014 - November - netways.de/osmc **
** OpenNebula Conf 2014 - Dezember - opennebulaconf.com **