[icinga-users] Parent hosts

Daniel Bareiro daniel-listas at gmx.net
Sat Aug 23 23:32:41 CEST 2014

Hi all,

Searching in Icinga 2.x the equivalent to the "parent" attribute in the
host definition of Nagios/Icinga 1.x, I found this reference [1].

If I understood correctly, every relationship (even the parents who have
only one child) is achieved by creating a group which contains the
parent and the children, and then creating a Dependency object.

Is this the only way to achieve this? Since, for example, having to
create a single group for the purposes of the relationship may make the
configurations become more voluminous.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Daniel