[icinga-users] icinga2 - passing arguments to checkmem nrpe

Vishnudev Karanathmana Sasi vishnu.karanathmana at armedia.com
Thu Dec 4 18:25:50 CET 2014

Hi,

I am new to icinga2/nagios monitoring area. So please forgive if my question is dumb.

After installing icinga2 in my centos vm, I could configure some basic host and service monitoring following the icinga2 official documentation. Now I am working on configuring remote server monitoring using nrpe.

I installed nsclient++ on my Win 2008 R2 vm. I need to pass the arguments  [MaxWarn=80% MaxCrit=90% ShowAll type=physical] to checkmem as given below.

object Service "win_remote_memory" {
  import "generic-service"

  host_name = "arm-rd-w8x-d673.armedia.com"

  check_command = "nrpe"
  vars.nrpe_command = "checkmem"

  vars.nrpe_arguments = {
   "-a" = "MaxWarn=80% MaxCrit=90% ShowAll type=physical"
  }
}

But I am getting ERROR: Missing argument exception.

According to icinga2 docs,
nrpe_arguments

Optional. Arguments that should be passed to the command. Multiple arguments must be defined as array.

Can anybody give me the right syntax to pass these arguments?

Thanks,
Vishnudev Karanathmana Sasi
Armedia LLC | www.armedia.com<http://www.armedia.com/>
2000 Riveredge Parkway NW, Suite 775,