[icinga-users] Distributed Architecture - Multiple Hierarchy

Vishnudev Karanathmana Sasi vishnu.karanathmana at armedia.com
Mon Nov 2 17:45:45 CET 2015

Hello Guys,

The attached image shows what I want to achieve.

ZoneA and ZoneB have their own individual satellite hosts and remote clients.

1.       Administrators belonging to ZoneA should be able to see status of metrics of clients in zoneA using a icingaweb2 instance running on SatelliteA

2.       Administrators belonging to ZoneB should be able to see status of metrics of clients in zoneB using a icingaweb2 instance running on SatelliteB

3.       Main administrator should be able to see all the details in icingaweb2 running on master host

This means

*         SatelliteA should be master server for clientA, clientB and clientC;

*         SatelliteB should be master server for client1, client2 and client3;

*         SatelliteA and SatelliteB should be clients to main "master" server. Correct?

I have established top layer connectivity (i.e between master->satelliteA and master->satelliteB). It is working fine.

Now I am not sure how to establish connection among satelliteA and clientA,clientB,clientC. Because I have already configured SatelliteA as a satellite node when configuring the top layer of architecture and now for this bottom layer connectivity, SatelliteA has to be a master. So how do we achieve this?

Thank you
Vishnu
[cid:image001.png at 01D11562.79851C40]