[icinga-users] [Icingaweb2] Add Hosts/service action function

Nicolas Odermatt odermattn at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 13:45:31 CET 2015

Thanks Michael,

It's great to hear that such a tools is currently work in progress. Is it
planned to be a feature released within the next 1 or 2 minor releases
(2.x)? or does it have merely "RnD" status at the moment?

This function would be e game-changer within our company as it would enable
DevOps teams to manage their monitoring self service compared to being
dependent of the operations team. Therefore internal processes can be
optimized and a lot of time gained.

Cheers,
Nicolas

On 16 October 2015 at 12:17, Michael Friedrich <Michael.Friedrich at netways.de
> wrote:

> > On 16 Oct 2015, at 12:01, Nicolas Odermatt <odermattn at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > I installed a fresh copy of Icinga2&Icingaweb2 on an Ubuntu 14.04
> yesterday - all went fine.
> >
> > On the release blog entry [0] I saw that it is now possible to add Hosts
> and service actions directly in the webinterface as opposed to writing to
> the conf file as in previous versions. I couldn't find the buttons for that
> in the GUI and the documentation also didn't state anything about it. Did I
> miss some communication? This feature was one of the main functions we
> wanted to use to promote the use of Icingaweb2 internally therefore I'm in
> need of explanation regarding its whereabouts.
>
> Host and service *actions* but nothing which could provide adding config
> objects from the user interface.
>
> There’s a config tool in the making and Tom did show a first version
> during his talk about Icinga Web 2 modules on Icinga Camp Portland.
> Unfortunately there are no recordings available, so your best bet for now
> is to wait for OSMC and further updates/release announcements.
>
> Kind regards,
> Michael
>

> --
> Michael Friedrich, DI (FH)
> Senior Developer
>
> NETWAYS GmbH | Deutschherrnstr. 15-19 | D-90429 Nuernberg
> Tel: +49 911 92885-0 | Fax: +49 911 92885-77
> GF: Julian Hein, Bernd Erk | AG Nuernberg HRB18461
> http://www.netways.de | Michael.Friedrich at netways.de
>
> ** OSMC 2015 - November - netways.de/osmc **
> ** OSDC 2016 - April – netways.de/osdc **

Freundliche Grüsse,
Nicolas Odermatt