[icinga-users] Login against AD fails

Timo Golovanov timo.golovanov at est.fujitsu.com
Fri Nov 6 14:08:26 CET 2015

Hi,

I have the newest available icinga2 and icingaweb2 stable release installed. I am trying to configure authentication against AD, but always get the following error:

Failed to successfully validate the configuration: LDAP query "(&(objectClass=user)(memberOf=ou=abc,ou=OU_Admins,ou=OU_Accounts,dc=a,dc=b,dc=c))" (base dc=a,dc=b,dc=c) failed. Error: Operations error

Validation Log

Connect without encryption
LDAP bind to abc.com:389 (cn=LDAP Bind,ou=OU_Service_Accounts,ou=OU_Accounts,dc=a,dc=b,dc=c / ***) successful
Microsoft Active Directory
Windows Server 2008 R2 (or newer)
Supports STARTTLS: True
Default naming context: dc=a,dc=b,dc=c
LDAP query "(&(objectClass=user)(memberOf=ou=abc,ou=OU_Admins,ou=OU_Accounts,dc=a,dc=b,dc=c))" (base dc=a,dc=b,dc=c) failed. Error: Operations error

*domain was replaced by abc...

Thank you for any help.

Regards
Timo Golovanov