[icinga-users] Graphite writer and perf data

Alexander Wirt formorer at formorer.de
Wed Nov 18 10:43:03 CET 2015

On Tue, 17 Nov 2015, Zachary McGibbon wrote:

> Is something wrong in my config?  Graphite seems to be refusing a lot of my
> performance data.  Is there a space missing after the number and the unit?
>
> Here is a snippet:
>
> [2015-11-17 11:49:06 -0500] warning/GraphiteWriter: Ignoring invalid
> perfdata value: iso.3.6.1.2.1.105.1.3.1.1.4.1=77Watts;180;190;
> Context:
>         (0) Processing check result for 'leacock-poe-b2!POE - Load'
The unit is not a valid one. Since graphite is pretty strict when it comes to
numbers and units icinga2 has to reformat some numbers. It is only able to do
it if the units in the perfdatastring follows the monitoring plugins
development guidelines [1]. Perfdatastrings that don't follow these rules
will get ignored.

The plugin needs to get fixed, icinga2 is right about it.

Hope that helps

Alex

[1] https://www.monitoring-plugins.org/doc/guidelines.html#AEN201