[icinga-users] Cluster configuration

Netplus netplus.root at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 17:46:08 CET 2015

Hello,

I have one question about cluster on HA zone.
In my case, I have three servers : master1 and master2 who are on a HA zone
(cluster-zone) and checker1 which is a satellite :

<<
object Endpoint "master1" {
  host = "master1"
}

object Endpoint "master2" {
  host = "master2"
}

object Zone "cluster-zone" {
  endpoints = [ "master1", "master2" ]
}

object Zone "checker" {
  endpoints = [ "checker1" ]
  parent = "cluster-zone"
}

object Zone "global-template" {
  global = true
}

Config on master1 :

<<
/etc/icinga2/zones.d
  global-templates/
    templates.conf
    groups.conf
  cluster-zone
    cluster-zone.conf
  checker
    checker.conf

When I read the documentation, it's seems that only one server (here
"master1") can have the directory "zones.d" populated.
"All other zone member nodes must not have the /etc/icinga2/zones.d
directory populated."

But, if I lose "master1", I can't change the configuration until "master1"
come back (because "master2" don't have the directory "zones.d" populated).
Is it right ?

Thank you.