[icinga-users] Icinga2 stops polling when system date/time is rolled back

George, Jude Jude.George at bluecoat.com
Tue Nov 24 18:24:53 CET 2015

If the system date/time is set forward by a few days, Icinga2 will
continue polling and we'll see the last-check-time and state of the
objects updated accordingly -- the timestamps will be at the new, future
time.  However, if the system date/time is then restored (back) to its
original time, Icinga2 will stop updating its monitored objects.  Perhaps
its "next check time" calculation gets confused because the
last-check-time of each object now appears to be in the future.

However, I do notice that Icinga2 acknowledges the change in system date:

[2015-12-01 17:06:00 +0000] information/Application: We jumped forward in
time: 604810 seconds
[2015-11-24 17:10:01 +0000] information/Application: We jumped backward in
time: 604734 seconds

So it shouldn't be confused.  Why does it stop polling?  Is there any way
to make icinga2 continue polling after the system date has been set back?
I found that even restarting Icinga2 does not fix the problem.

Thank you.

Jude George
Blue Coat Systems