[icinga-users] Verify icinga2 is running first on 'reload'

Assaf Flatto icinga at flatto.net
Thu Nov 26 15:41:43 CET 2015

Why do you want to make the dependency of checking your config on the
fact that your system is running ?
if you want to test the config on a node before it goes up, it will fail
cause the system is not running.

If you want to adapt your individual system, Hey it is open source so
you can modify it, but consider all the options prior to breaking the
known working flow.

I see the logic in both approaches, but I suspect that for many users
the current method is the preferred order.

Assaf