[icinga-users] Metric graphing with Icinga 2

Joseph L. Casale jcasale at activenetwerx.com
Wed Aug 10 13:46:29 CEST 2016

>> What are others using or have experience with and suggest as the currently
>> most optimal solution?
>
> “most optimal” really depends on your requirements and environment. Can you provide more details about yours so others may suggest a more appropriate solution?

Hi Michael,
The icingaweb2 module with graphite covers the most common use cases
where trivial representations of trends can be quickly assessed, however
when needed we want to view detail over custom ranges. Graphite covers
it, however it is just a preference to move on.

Preferably something with a postgre backend and a more modern UI when
the icingaweb2 module is not enough and we want to dig a bit deeper.

Thanks,
jlc