[icinga-users] Metric graphing with Icinga 2

Michael Friedrich Michael.Friedrich at netways.de
Fri Aug 12 08:49:16 CEST 2016

Hi,

> On 12 Aug 2016, at 00:56, Michael Martin <mmartin4242 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I have just now implemented graphite/grafana at our installation. The graphs look great.
>
> One question, though. After running for a little while to get the feel of it, we turned on another metric, specifically, we are now logging switch traffic with check_mrtgtraf. But, the performance metrics aren't making it into graphite. We turned on debuglog (icinga2 feature enable debuglog) and can see the perf data being properly returned, but it just ain't making it into graphite. Poking around in graphite's web app, nothing. Not there. Grafana can't see it, so we can't graph it.
>
> Any idea what I might need to do to get this going? I've restarted everything, done "graphite-manage syncdb", etc. What am I missing?

* Check the debug log for “GraphiteWriter” sending the metrics
* Verify that carbon-cache actually processes the data. By default the metrics/minute are set to a pretty low default value (max_updates_per_second, max_creates_per_minute, see my tuning over at the vagrant boxes - https://github.com/Icinga/icinga-vagrant/commit/6a6c53552c74040479331566dd683e3782ec8966)

Kind regards,
Michael