[icinga-users] Dependency design advice for a lot of clusters service?

hasan akgöz hasanakgoz at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 11:24:23 CEST 2016

Hello Guys,

I'm using quite a big icinga2 configuration (about 3000 services), without
any dependencies. This results in a huge mess of notifications when
something goes wrong. I try to look for best practices with Icinga2
Dependencies, but all I find on the web is basic understanding with a
single example. What I need is deeper information, best practices on how to
manage such a config file. How do I design an dependency ? How do I manage
my dependencies ( especially for cluster service ) ?

for example :

I have ten Apache Cassandra server. Each server also has a script to check
the cluster service. If seven number of servers in the cluster criticcal
alarm will genarated . However, this alarm comes from the 10 servers. The
same problem exists in redis cluster service. I have a six redis server.
Likewise, there is a script that controls the cluster service.