[icinga-users] Using check_multi with Icinga2

Michael Martinez mwtzzz at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 20:50:15 CEST 2016

On Fri, Aug 12, 2016 at 11:16 PM, Gunnar Beutner
<Gunnar.Beutner at netways.de> wrote:
> How about something like this?:

Thanks so much for your code! It helped a lot.

In putting it together, I've come into a couple of questions:

1) why do we need to say "macro" in   for (instance in
macro("$ec2_instances$")) ...? Why can't we just say: for (instance in
ec2_instances)  ..?

2) why is a variable that is created with "var" only visible inside
the conf file that it appears in? I created a "var elb {}" inside one
conf file (not inside any functions or objects), then I tried to
reference it inside another conf file but was rejected. It works if I
append that second conf file at the end of the first.