[icinga-users] non-UTF-8 characters creates broken JSON

Johan Carlquist jocar at su.se
Thu Aug 25 15:26:14 CEST 2016

Hi!

Running Icinga2 2.4.10 on Ubuntu 16.04.

We have a check that returns non-UTF-8 characters in its output.
That seems to be just fine for Icinga since it stores the string as is
in the database. But when to access the data through livestatus or the
API things breaks since JSON requires strict UTF-8(or higher…).

We have looked around and haven't find anything about this problem, so
before we create a issue on dev.icinga.org we would like to ask the
community if there is something obvious that we have missed about this.

Is there some setting to force encoding of input(or output) data to UTF-8?
Is this a known problem?

--
jocar