[icinga-users] Non-trivial configuration examples (non-ICMP www host)

Warren Block wblock at wonkity.com
Mon Aug 29 01:02:14 CEST 2016

Is there somewhere with a large collection of non-trivial configuration
examples?  The docs tell what variables do but mostly do not demonstrate
even trivial usage.

In this case, I am trying to figure out how to define a host for a
remote website that does not respond to pings.  This seems like a not
too rare situation, and there are examples of setting it up for Nagios,
but Icinga is different enough to make those useless.  Yet it can't be
that hard.  Define a host template, use that host template... but my
HTTP checks fail with "hostname nor servname provided, or not known".
Sure, the hostname has to be passed through to the check somehow.  I can
do it on the command line easily.  Figuring out how to define it for
Icinga2 is not as clear.

There is only one host template in the sample.  Having a big, real
sample to examine would help.  Information like IP addresses and
hostnames could be obscured, as long as it was done consistently.