[icinga-users] Compiling from source

Toshaan Bharvani | VanTosh toshaan at vantosh.com
Wed Jan 4 13:21:48 CET 2017

On 03/01/17 23:02, usa ims wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to compile from source Icinga2 on Slackware 14.1.  I followed
> the instructions on the INSTALL.md
>
> 1. mkdir build && cd build
>
> 2. cmake ..
>
> I received a PostgresSQL error that  I do not psql libraries on the
> machine. The error is:
>
> -- Could NOT find PostgreSQL (missing:  PostgreSQL_LIBRARY
> PostgreSQL_INCLUDE_DIR)
> CMake Error at lib/db_ido_pgsql/CMakeLists.txt:71 (message):
>   You have selected PostgreSQL support, but PostgreSQL could not be found.
>   You can disable the PostgreSQL IDO module using -DICINGA2_WITH_PGSQL=OFF.
>
> I looked in the CMakeError.log and it indicated this error:
>
> /usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-slackware-linux/4.8.2/../../../../x86_64-slackware-linux/bin/ld:
> cannot find -lexecinfo
> gmake[1]: *** [cmTryCompileExec4286649564] Error 1
>
> I wanted to find what version of 'ld' that is on this OS,
>
> root at IcingaHQ:~/icinga2-2.6.0/build/CMakeFiles# ld --version
> GNU ld (Linux/GNU Binutils) 2.23.52.0.1.20130226
>
> I do not know if 'ld' is the issue but I do see the psql files in
> lib/db_ido_pgsql of the install directory.
>
> Any help will greatly appreciated.

By default, when you compile Icinga2, the build script will try to build
all default modules, this includes a PostgreSQL IDO and a MySQL IDO, if
you do not have those libraries use the following options when executing
your cmake build
ICINGA2_WITH_PGSQL=OFF
ICINGA2_WITH_MYSQL=OFF
Other values can be found in CMakeList.txt