[icinga-users] Master vs. Global-Templates Directory

isaac rodriguez isaac.rodriguez at focusae.com
Thu Jan 5 23:08:30 CET 2017

Hello everyone,

I am using a command endpoint configuration on icinga2 and following the
docs, I created a directory /etc/icinga2/zones.d/master on the master
node to hold my host, service, and command info. But, in trying to sync
configurations to all my clients, the docs recommended creating a
directory /etc/icinga2/zones.d/global-templates on both master and
client nodes. My question is that I am confused about what configuration
files go into either one.

Also, I am having trouble restarting icinga2 on my nodes because there
are definition conflicts. I am told that my objects are defined in both
/var/lib/icinga2/api/zones/global-templates and
/var/lib/icinga2/api/zones/local-node-name. I tried removing the
/local-node-name directory, but I think it is being automatically created.

Thanks,
Isaac