[icinga-users] Create Endpoint & Zone for each host

Volker Janzen voja at voja.de
Tue Jan 17 19:25:17 CET 2017

Hi Michael,

> Uhm. That’s the first time I see that and I definitely would not recommend to try it that way. You _can’t_ create Zone and Endpoint objects via config sync, you *need* to define them on the client itself prior to establish a connection to between the master and the client.

I found it on https://gist.github.com/lazyfrosch/51299c416656fe76209f

I am going to write a script to kickstart the client. I don't want to repeat every step by hand on every host that migrates from Nagios to Icinga. There is much stuff that is equal and needs automation.

> As said, build your endpoint and zone objects on the client itself. I did write some docs to explain that.
> https://docs.icinga.com/icinga2/latest/doc/module/icinga2/toc#!/icinga2/latest/doc/module/icinga2/chapter/distributed-monitoring#distributed-monitoring-top-down

I understand why this can't work. Now it's obvious to me.

Regards
    Volker