[icinga-users] problem with the mysql check

Mathieu Arnold mat at mat.cc
Tue Jan 17 20:27:44 CET 2017

Hi,

I've been fighting with the mysql check for some time, the problem I
have is that mysql is not listening on any INET{,6} socket, only on
/tmp/mysql.sock and I don't seem to be able to be able to get the
command to *not* pass the -H argument.

If I don't supply an argument, icinga ends up adding -H $host.address$,
if I set mysql_hostname to "" or null, it ends up passing -H "".

So, is there a way to set mysql_hostname to something, that will make it
not be there at all ?

I think the mysql (and mysql_query) check commands should not set the
mysql_hostname by default, or provide a way to not set it.

-- Mathieu Arnold