[icinga-users] problem with the mysql check

Gerald Vogt vogt at spamcop.net
Wed Jan 18 09:46:34 CET 2017

On 18/01/2017 09:36, Mathieu Arnold wrote:
> Le 18/01/2017 à 07:06, Gerald Vogt a écrit :
>> On 17/01/2017 22:10, Mathieu Arnold wrote:
>>> Le 17/01/2017 à 21:36, Lee Clemens a écrit :
>> Thus set vars.mysql_hostname = "localhost" in your service definition...
>
> Ok, so, that works.
> I could not have imagined that saying "localhost" would mean "do not
> really use localhost but use the socket" so I never even tried it. Thanks.

Well, that's the way mysql client works. Thus the mysql client libraries
go the same way. If you run "mysql -h localhost" it also uses the unix
socket... "localhost" says it's on the same host thus you may have
access to the unix socket...

mysql also doesn't distinguish user grants between unix socket and tcp
localhost connection. You can only grant user rights for connections
through 'localhost'...

-Gerald