[icinga-users] host alive check command and master/satellites

Mathieu Arnold mat at mat.cc
Thu Jan 19 14:15:43 CET 2017

So, joy, it all got garbled into paragraphs :(

Le 19/01/2017 à 13:49, Mathieu Arnold a écrit :
> Hi, I have hosts setup a like:

---- zones.d/global/hosts.conf template

Host "noisy-host" {

    import "generic-host"

}

template Host "generic-host" {

    max_check_attempts = 10

    check_interval = 5m

    retry_interval = 30s

    check_command = "hostalive"

}

----

---- zones.d/satellite/main.conf

object Host "satellite" {

    import "noisy-host"

    address = "192.0.2.1"

    display_name = "satellite.example.org"

    vars.os = "FreeBSD"

    vars.virtual = "vmware"

}

----

I then have a:

----

zones.d/master/ssh.conf

apply Service "ssh" {

    import "generic-service"

    check_command = "ssh"

    if (zone) {zone = "master"} # if satellite, force check in master

    assign where (host.address || host.address6) && host.vars.os == "FreeBSD"

}

----

I had to add the if (zone) line to make sure the check was run on the
master and not on the satellite.

--
Mathieu Arnold