[icinga-users] host alive check command and master/satellites

Joosten, Markus markus.joosten at plumbe.de
Fri Jan 20 10:00:28 CET 2017

On 2017-01-19 13:49, Mathieu Arnold wrote:
> So, I am wondering, how do I get the host's check_command to be run not
> on the satellite but on the master ?
I guess you want to implement an external check to see if your satellite
hosts are up and reachable from the master?

How I understood what you are trying to implement, this is not possible.

You have a host which belongs to a zone which belongs to one or more
endpoints.
All commands for objects in that zone can only be executed by endpoints
in that zone.

I have solved this issue by also having my satellite hosts in my master
zone (with a reduced amount of services of course).

Also, I recommend you have a look at the "cluster" and "cluster-zone"
commands, which check the icinga2 connectivity between master and
satellites, I would use this as host alive check command instead of SSH,
if you are interested in monitoring the availability of your satellites
:-)

Regards,
Markus