[icinga-users] host alive check command and master/satellites

Mathieu Arnold mat at mat.cc
Fri Jan 20 18:25:40 CET 2017

Le 20/01/2017 à 10:00, Joosten, Markus a écrit :
> Also, I recommend you have a look at the "cluster" and "cluster-zone"
> commands, which check the icinga2

I have the cluster, cluster-zone, and icinga checks running, yes, but
they are not linked to the "is this host alive" check.

> connectivity between master and satellites, I would use this as host
> alive check command instead of SSH, if you are interested in
> monitoring the availability of your satellites :-)

The SSH check was just an example. While there are many checks that it
makes sense to run on the satellite directly (like, say, is nginx
running), it makes more sense to run the network related checks (like,
port 443 is listening, it has a non expired certificate, and the vhost
https:://www.example.org works) some place else, on the master, for example.

--
Mathieu Arnold