[icinga-users] notifications Problems after upgrade 2.4 -> 2.6

Christian Moreno Moreno christian.moreno at idealo.de
Tue Jan 31 09:35:37 CET 2017

Hi,

We did one upgrade from icinga2.4 to 2.6 (inclusive icingaweb2), but we
have Problems with the notifications templates.

We have configured in our hosts and services theses variables for the
notifications:

vars.notification.mail.users = "test at xxx.de"
vars.notificaton.sms.users = "operations_sms"

and our notifications.conf was something like:

FOR MAIL:

apply Notification "mail-icingaadmin" to Host {
  import "mail-host-notification"

  interval = 0 // re-notification disabled

  users = host.vars.notification.mail.users

  assign where host.vars.notification.mail
}

apply Notification "mail-icingaadmin" to Service {
  import "mail-service-notification"

  users = host.vars.notification.mail.users
  if (service.vars.notification.mail.users != "" ) {
        users = service.vars.notification.mail.users
  }

  if (service.vars.interval_notification != "" ) {
        interval = service.vars.interval_notification
        }else {

                interval = 0 // Standard: re-notification disabled
        }

  assign where host.vars.notification.mail
}

FOR SMS:

### SMS Gateway

apply Notification "host_gateway-notification" to Host {
  import "host_gateway-notification"

  interval = 30m // re-notification

  users = host.vars.notification.sms.users
  assign where host.vars.notification.sms
}

apply Notification "service_gateway-notification" to Service {
  import "service_gateway-notification"

  interval = 30m // re-notification

  users = host.vars.notification.sms.users
  if (service.vars.notification.sms.users != "" ) {
        users = service.vars.notification.sms.users
        }

  assign where host.vars.notification.sms
}

It was running in production, but after the upgrade, we get a lot of Config
Errors because it cant find the User.

PS: In some hosts/service, the sms user was empty:
vars.notificaton.sms.users = ""

Then Icinga didnt do any sms notification for these services/hosts... is
possible that in the new version empty values are not permit?

Many Thanks,

Christian Moreno

Christian Moreno Moreno
System Engineer Offers

idealo internet GmbH
Ritterstraße 11
10969 Berlin, Deutschland
Tel.: +49 (0)30 40 30 10 33
Fax: +49 (0)30 221 94 33 - 21
E-Mail: christian.moreno at idealo.de
Geschäftsführer:
Dr. Albrecht von Sonntag, Dr. Philipp-Christopher Peitsch
HRB 76749 – Amtsgericht Berlin-Charlottenburg
[image: idealo Logo] <http://www.idealo.de/>