[icinga-users] notifications Problems after upgrade 2.4 -> 2.6

Stiffel Patric p.stiffel at eurodata.de
Tue Jan 31 09:46:19 CET 2017

>Message: 5
>Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2017 09:35:37 +0100
>From: Christian Moreno Moreno <christian.moreno at idealo.de>
>To: icinga-users at lists.icinga.org
>Subject: [icinga-users] notifications Problems after upgrade 2.4 ->
>	2.6
>
>Hi,
>
>We did one upgrade from icinga2.4 to 2.6 (inclusive icingaweb2), but we
>have Problems with the notifications templates.
>
>We have configured in our hosts and services theses variables for the
>notifications:
>
>vars.notification.mail.users = "test at xxx.de"
>vars.notificaton.sms.users = "operations_sms"
>
>and our notifications.conf was something like:
>
>FOR MAIL:
>
>apply Notification "mail-icingaadmin" to Host {
>  import "mail-host-notification"
>
>  interval = 0 // re-notification disabled
>
>  users = host.vars.notification.mail.users
>
>  assign where host.vars.notification.mail
>}
>
>apply Notification "mail-icingaadmin" to Service {
>  import "mail-service-notification"
>

>  users = host.vars.notification.mail.users
>  if (service.vars.notification.mail.users != "" ) {
>        users = service.vars.notification.mail.users

Same here. We used the same approach to model exceptions in the notifications.
At last, we had to introduce a dummy user/group instead of the empty string.
Somehow, there didn't seem to be a check for empty string before V2.6

Kind regards

Patric Stiffel
Administrator NOC
NOC - Network Operation Center

eurodata AG | Großblittersdorfer Str. 257-259 | D-66119 Saarbrücken
Telefon +49 681 8808 0 | Telefax +49 681 8808 300
info at eurodata.de | www.eurodata.de | www.facebook.com/eurodata.de

HRB 101336 Amtsgericht Saarbrücken | USt-IdNr. DE 182634634
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Franz-Josef Wernze
Vorstand: Uwe Richter (Vorsitzender), Dieter Leinen