[icinga-users] custom and config attributes

Tobias Koeck tobias.koeck at gmail.com
Thu Nov 16 15:34:30 CET 2017

Hi all,

after reading the documentation I am still not understanding exactly what
is the difference between config and custom attributes.

If I check out the Host Check dummy example from the documentation it says

object Host "dummy-host" {
  check_command = "dummy"
  vars.dummy_state = 0
  vars.dummy_text = "Everything OK."
}

Is the check_command a config attribute and the vars.dummy_state a custom
attribute? What scope do they both have? I would think they both have 'this
scope'?

Why can't I use an own attribute like

my_attribute = "blubb"

and/or do I have to use the vars-dictionary for all custom attributes?

Greetings and thanks,
Tobias