[icinga-users] syncing services with director takes long time

Václav Mach machv at cesnet.cz
Mon Jul 2 12:11:28 CEST 2018

Hello,

i am using icinga-director to sync services from mysql. There are ~ 30 k
services in the database. It takes only several seconds to synchronize
import source with database, but when i run sync on the sync rule it
takes much more time (about 6000 seconds).

The sync is much faster (about 70 seconds) when there are no services in
director.

Can i speed this up somehow?

I am trying to monitor all the services which can be seen here
https://ermon.cesnet.cz/matrix/

I suppose that using apply rules for this would be much faster, but i am
not sure how exactly to do it because it depends on hosts and realms
(dns domains). Could i somehow store realms in "global" config and
create a matrix of services from hosts and realms (see link above)?

Thanks for help,
Vaclav
--
Václav Mach