[icinga-users] Multiple use of contact_groups in host definition

Henti Smith henti at geekware.co.za
Mon Jul 2 17:50:27 CEST 2018

Good day all

I have a generic host definition that contains the contact_group
admins and then a specific host definition where we add an additional
contact_group using :
contact_groups +admins-pager

My understanding of the bject inheritance is that this is the same as having
contact_groups admins,admins-pager

I'd like to add an additional contact_group called admins-slack. I've
tried to add an additional contact group as follows:

define host {
    name generic-host
    contact_groups admins
}

define host {
    use generic-host
    contact_groups +admins-pager
    contact_groups +admins-slack
}

Will this correctly inherit correctly to essentially create the equivalent of:

define host {
    name some-host
    contact_groups admins,admin-pager,admins-slack
}

Rgeards
Henti