[icinga-users] Requiring multiple successful plugin runs to return to OK state?

Wolfgang wnd at gmx.net
Tue Jul 10 20:52:49 CEST 2018

Looking at the Icinga 1.x documentation ("5.8.4 Hard states",
https://www.icinga.com/docs/icinga1/latest/en/statetypes.html#hardstates)
it says:

Hard states occur for hosts and services in the following situations:

  *

    When a host or service check results in a non-UP or non-OK state and
    it has been (re)checked the number of times specified by the
    /max_check_attempts/ option in the host or service definition. This
    is a hard error state.

  *

    When a host or service transitions from one hard error state to
    another error state (e.g. WARNING to CRITICAL).

  *

    When a service check results in a non-OK state and its corresponding
    host is either DOWN or UNREACHABLE.

  *

    When a host or service recovers from a hard error state. This is
    considered to be a hard recovery.

I'd say that the behaviour hasn't changed so returning to an OK-state
will result in a HARD state.