[icinga-users] NRPE output contains random characters

Martin.Schmidt at hagebau.com Martin.Schmidt at hagebau.com
Fri Mar 9 14:01:17 CET 2018

Hello fellow users!

NRPE - Nagios Remote Plugin Executor
Version: 3.2.0

look at this link.
https://imgur.com/a/QewIK

i am experincing weird nrpe outputs lately.

First screenshot ist check_disk:
check_nrpe!check_disk!10% 5% /boot

Second sceenshot is an customcheck:
check_nrpe!check_db_areastatus!90 95 /areaname

I dont know why the weird characters appearing in our calls. Restart the
nrpe service multiple times fixes the problem. The problem appears random
on our 5xx servers and are not persistent, since nrpe restarts fixes the
problem. It appears only on checks with parameter for path, at least this
is my finding for now. We tried putting the path in "" but nothing changes.

Can i provide any more informations? Does anyone encouter this behavior?

regards
Martin