[icinga-users] http://my.ser.ver/icingaweb2 change?

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at icinga.open.source.it
Mon Oct 22 12:58:59 CEST 2018

On Monday 22 October 2018 at 12:40:37, Peter Eckel wrote:

> Hi Anthony,
>
> to keep this completely out of the reach of Icinga Web 2 upgrades, I'd set
> up a simple reverse proxy in front of Icinga Web 2. You can even run it
> within the same web server instance as Icinga Web 2 itself.

Nice idea; that would certainly do what I want.

> On the other hand, I have heavily modified icingaweb2.conf in Apache, and
> it hasn't been touched by any update yet (which is what I would expect
> from a properly written RPM).

Hm, and is that sufficient that end users *only* see http://my.ser.ver/status
(or whatever your choice is) URLs, and also that http://my.ser.ver/icingaweb2
is not contactable?

Basically, I'm aiming for two things together here:

1. A URL of my choosing which users need to access to view Icingaweb2

2. Blocking random requests from the Internet for /icingaweb2 to turn away
pestering script-kiddies.

> Downside to this: If something really needs to change (as with the migration
> from ModPHP to php-fpm with version 2.5), you'll need to port it manually.

Sounds fair enough.

Thanks,

Antony.

--
Why is "dylexia" so difficult to spell, and why can I never remember "aphasia"
when I want to?

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.