[icinga-users] http://my.ser.ver/icingaweb2 change?

Michael Friedrich michael.friedrich at icinga.com
Mon Oct 22 13:14:01 CEST 2018

> On 22. Oct 2018, at 12:09, Antony Stone <Antony.Stone at icinga.open.source.it> wrote:
>
> Hi.
>
> I'm wondering what is the best / recommended way to change "icingaweb2" in the
> standard URL for accessing the Icinga web portal from a browser.
>
> So, instead of http://my.ser.ver/icingaweb2/ I'd like to have something like
> http://my.ser.ver/status/
>
> I can see where to change this in the Apache config file, but there are clearly
> some "/icingaweb2/" paths embedded into the PHP code under
> /usr/share/icingaweb2, so I'm wondering:

Where exactly?

I’ve seen many installations of Icinga Web 2 just with ‘/‘ instead of ‘/icingaweb2’. The main configuration works with a VHost too, you’d only need to ensure that the RewriteBase is set to ‘/‘ and not ‘/icingaweb2’.

Check here for an example: https://icinga.com/docs/icingaweb2/latest/doc/20-Advanced-Topics/#virtualhost-configuration

Cheers,