[icinga-users] http://my.ser.ver/icingaweb2 change?

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at icinga.open.source.it
Mon Oct 22 13:35:24 CEST 2018

On Monday 22 October 2018 at 13:14:01, Michael Friedrich wrote:

> > On 22. Oct 2018, at 12:09, Antony Stone wrote:
> >
> > Hi.
> >
> > I'm wondering what is the best / recommended way to change "icingaweb2"
> > in the standard URL for accessing the Icinga web portal from a browser.
> >
> > So, instead of http://my.ser.ver/icingaweb2/ I'd like to have something
> > like http://my.ser.ver/status/
> >
> > I can see where to change this in the Apache config file, but there are
> > clearly some "/icingaweb2/" paths embedded into the PHP code under
> > /usr/share/icingaweb2, so I'm wondering:
>
> Where exactly?

Hm, now that I repeat that grep command, I see that most of the occurrences
are not for URLs but in fact the local path /etc/icingaweb2, and those which
aren't (and *are* for URLs) are in the setup script
/modules/setup/application/clicommands/ConfigCommand.php acting only as
defaults unless the user specifies an alternative.

So, I think I was just expecting to find some fixed path name examples, and when
I saw the results, assumed they were confirmation :(

Sorry for the false alert, however:

> I’ve seen many installations of Icinga Web 2 just with ‘/‘ instead of
> ‘/icingaweb2’. The main configuration works with a VHost too, you’d only
> need to ensure that the RewriteBase is set to ‘/‘ and not ‘/icingaweb2’.
>
> Check here for an example:
> https://icinga.com/docs/icingaweb2/latest/doc/20-Advanced-Topics/#virtualh
> ost-configuration

Thanks, very useful (cheers to Thomas as well).

Regards,

Antony.

--
"The future is already here.   It's just not evenly distributed yet."

 - William Gibson

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.