[icinga-users] http://my.ser.ver/icingaweb2 change?

Peter Eckel lists at eckel-edv.de
Mon Oct 22 13:36:13 CEST 2018

Hi Thomas,

> There is nothing wrong with running a proxy in front of Icinga Web 2, in
> fact I'm doing so all the times. But I'd advise against faking the URL
> with the proxy, that always has the potential for lots of confusion.

I absolutely agree. That's just the solution for the problem of not changing the standard config files at all, solving the 'config might break with the next update' problem.

But I also agree with you that the latter problem occurs very rarely, only once in the time I've been using Icinga Web 2 so far. So I'd go with a modified config as well.

Regards,

  Pete.