[icinga-users] Icingaweb2 column widths

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at icinga.open.source.it
Wed Oct 31 13:44:58 CET 2018

Hi.

Is there any way to adjust the column widths of the Icingaweb2 display?

For example, if I view the Service Grid, and have a machine (or a few) with
lots of problems, it produces quite a wide display for the grid.

If I then click on one of the problems to get more detail in the right-hand
pane, I can easily lose some of the grid because the browser column it's shown
in is about 1/3rd of the available space, with the remaining 2/3rds set aside
for the detail report at the right.

Yes, I know I can now flip the grid orientation to show a tall narrow column
instead of a wide row, but depending on how many machines have how many
problems, and how varied these are, it's still quite possible have a fairly
square grid which always loses columns on the right when you show the detail
pane next to it.

So, is there any way to have Icingaweb2:

 - auto-adjust the column width to be at least as large as the grid?

 - split the browser window more evenly between the grid and the detail pane?

 - allow the user to move the dividing bar in the browser as needed?

Thanks,

Antony.

--
"It would appear we have reached the limits of what it is possible to achieve
with computer technology, although one should be careful with such statements;

 - John von Neumann (1949)

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.